Created in 2015 in Paris, Foodles provides a flexible and responsible alternative to B2B traditional foodservice catering. Fresh high-quality products are made available 24/7 in patented connected fridges and restocked every day by full-time delivery employees. The service enables companies to put CSR at the heart of their organisation and favours talent retention.
Foodles has raised 40M£ so far and is extending its activity to London to become the European leader for new gen B2B cafeterias!
Currently we have an office, kitchen and warehouse, all that are located in Wood Green, North London. We are a friendly and fun team to be a part of and now looking for a new recruit to help with the continuous growth of Foodles!
We are looking for a Driver Manager to join our fast growing team. He will work from Sunday to Thursday and be in charge of supervising deliveries and managing drivers. Shifts will start at 4.30pm, with daily deliveries starting at 6.30pm.
The Driver Manager will be expected to turn up at the kitchen/warehouse for the first few hours of the shift, but as drivers go on shift, there is the possibility to monitor the shifts from home.
This is a great opportunity for someone to join a company early and to help grow the team around them. Currently we have 1 van and 3 drivers, but with rapid expected growth, we are hoping to follow in the footsteps of our French counterpart that now has over 40 drivers.
- To create the weekly rotation schedule for the drivers and take responsibility for them coming in and completing the shift making sure each client is delivered
- In the absence of a driver for the shift, the Lead driver will offer back-up for this situation and be expected to complete the delivery himself.
- Monitor the on-going deliveries, making sure that fridges have been filled correctly and maintained to the high standard Foodles has. Keep regular contact with the drivers and make sure everything is left correctly at the end of the shift.
- Be on-call throughout the delivery for any problems and queries the drivers have.
- Recruit, train and assess drivers ongoing ability.
- Monitor performance and efficiency of daily deliveries.
- Maintenance of the fleet, with regular van checks and organising servicing if and when required.
- Initially you will also be responsible for making sure deliveries are ready to go, picking food items into the correct boxes according to the dispatch plan. With growth this role will then be taken on by pickers brought in.
- Coordinate with the Operations Manager to manage drivers pay and coordination.
You are the right person for us if you recognize yourself in the following profile:
- Full UK driving licence is a must.
- Proven experience (3y+) with driving and multi-drop deliveries.
- Experience in managing a driving team, with a vision of improving processes and creating a reliable and efficient driving team.
- Highly organised, so that coordinating drivers and maintenance schedules is always on time and up to date.
- Computer skills and experience working with the Microsoft Office suite/Google Docs
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations. Being on call with real-time problem solving will be required.
- Experience with maintenance of vehicles and vans, to be able to complete regular checks.
- Dependable and reliable, willing to be flexible to ensure the job is fulfilled.
- A polite and professional disposition.
- Familiarity with GPS devices.
- Living in a close proximity to Wood Green (N22) is a plus so getting to work will never be a problem.
And last but nos least: you have a status that allows you to work in the UK.