Foodles is the pioneer and leader in smart office canteen solutions. We provide a unique, flexible and sustainable alternative to traditional office canteens and B2B catering solutions.
We deliver chef-prepared, balanced meals via smart fridges installed in offices around London. Employees can enjoy healthy cooked meals on site 24/7. This is not only an incredible perk (when paired with a meal subsidy) to attract and retain employees, but also a solution that allows employers to meet their CSR commitments, especially on delivery and food waste.
Created in France in 2015, Foodles has raised £40m so far, with top-tier UK and French VCs. Foodles is entering the UK market with the ambition to become the European leader for next generation B2B canteens! For this, we are recruiting an A-team to conquer UK companies and reinvent the way Londoners eat at lunchtime.
We’re looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and outgoing person to join our sales team of 5 which is expected to double by the end of 2023 to support our fast growth.
As a Senior Business Developer, you will be responsible for developing a pipeline of new highly qualified business opportunities and converting them into new contracts to achieve your yearly sales targets.
You’ll be assigned specific market segments and territories, and will also be leveraging your existing professional network. Our typical sales cycles are 3-6 months with 12-24 month contracts.
Generating highly qualified business opportunities
- Analyse the market and competition and develop a deep understanding of how the Foodles solution can fit in (segments, USPs…)
- Leverage your own business network (linkedin messaging and posts, meetings…)
- Research prospects and identify key decision-makers, making the best use of prospecting tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator, our CRM (Hubspot), online research and any other innovative ways you can think of to create key prospect lists.
- Proactively develop and execute targeted prospection/outreach campaigns (calls, emailing…) within your assigned market segments
- Actively participate in events & tradeshows and maximise the return on investment
- Build a network of ambassadors and prescribers to amplify lead generation.
- Think about new ways to generate leads and share your best practices/feedback with the entire team to improve our conversion and success rate.
Nurture and convert the opportunities into new contracts
- Qualify prospects (inbound and outbound) and guide them through our discovery process, gaining a deep understanding of their needs and supporting them in understanding how Foodles could be the right solution for them to keep their team happy, healthy and productive.
- Get meetings with decision makers and stakeholders and convince them to organise an internal tasting and/or demos of our solution.
- Send custom proposals and quotes tailored to each customer’s needs.
- Build up momentum in the negotiation to close the deal quickly.
- Use and leverage our CRM (Hubspot) to track performance and metrics on outbound activity (log all your contacts, activities and deals in the CRM and keep them updated on a weekly basis).
Participate in new client setup and launch
- Set up the client with our Ops and Marketing Team
- Plan animations and collect feedback/satisfaction from end users and clients
- Secure the success of the trial period
Work with our Marketing/Growth team to amplify your results
- Run lead nurturing campaigns, automate engagement flows and ensure messaging alignment with all of our social channels - setting yourself up for success.
- Identify and drive the development of new sales collateral to help prospects understand what Foodles is all about.
You are the right person for us if you recognize yourself in the following profile:
- You have +4 years of successful experience in selling B2B services, ideally in the food/catering sector or/and in a startup/scaleup environment.
- You know how to manage long sales cycles for high-ticket solutions with multiple stakeholders
- You ideally have an existing professional network within corporates and agencies (HR, Office Managers, Facility Managers...) that you can leverage straight away to generate your first leads.
- You are very familiar with sales CRM softwares (like Hubspot) and Linkedin Sales Navigator.
- You thrive to work in a fast-paced sales environment with a passion to learn and understand the sales funnel process. You have an acute commercial awareness, constantly seeking new opportunities to generate revenue.
- You have a strong work ethic, are confident at handling objections, are extremely self-motivated, target-driven and always open to giving and receiving feedback in a constructive way.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can explain hard concepts in clear, concise language.
- You are highly organized and process-driven.
- You are passionate (personal or profesional interest) about the food and/or catering industry
You’re native or fluent in English
And last but not least: you have a status that allows you to work in the UK.
What you can expect
- Competitive base salary depending on experience
- Performance bonus based on sales performance
- Dynamic entrepreneurial environment (team of 20 in the UK)
- Great support and resources from our HQ in France (300+ employees)
- Free Foodles breakfast, lunch, snacks & beverages
- Premium Health insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme + access to a perks platform
- Commuting + wellbeing/leisure monthly allowance
- Initial screening call with our HR team
- A short recorded video presentation exercise (We promise It won't take more than 30 minutes to make)
- 2 interviews with our Head of Sales and UK GM to validate skills and fit
- 1 final interview with a co-founder to validate the culture fit.
- Reference check
- Starting asap